Are you looking for the perfect piece of land on which to build your dream log home or timber frame home?
Do you envision your home set high up on a mountain with a view that takes your breath away?
Or is your home nestled in a secluded forest or front and center in your favorite suburban neighborhood?
Whatever the case may be, finding land — not just any piece of land but the perfect property — is as important as finalizing your log home or timber frame home design.
The lay of the land upon which you intend to build is an important factor when it comes to designing your home. For example, your dream home may include a walk-out basement, but the land you desire may make that part of the dream very difficult. Remember, you can always design a home to suit a landscape, but you may not always be able to alter the landscape to accommodate the specifications of predetermined house plans.
Finding Land: Home Design Elements to Consider
There are also many other design elements that will be affected by the land on which you plan to build.
- How to take advantage of the view
- Basement type | access | walk-out areas, etc.
- Incorporation of entertainment areas – inside and out!
- Water access
- The list goes on….
Finding Land: Additional Considerations
Additional considerations include the local government’s long-term land-use plan, utilities, easements, restrictions, access and services.
Finding Land: Before you finalize…
Before finalizing your land purchase, we encourage you to do the following:
- Review Finding the Right Land for Your Log Home published by one of Timberhaven’s sales representatives, Art Hoffman (Thank you for sharing, Art!)
- Review Timberhaven’s Buying Land Checklist
- Reach out to your local rep who can walk the property with you and provide input regarding the aforementioned items.
Your local Timberhaven representative was once in your [similar] shoes. Their past experiences will prove to be invaluable.