Every successful project starts with a great plan that is put into action. Our Timberhaven representatives are here to help you develop the perfect plan of action for your custom built log home or log cabin. Here are seven basic steps to help you along your journey.
- You'll want the perfect home plan to complement your piece of property. If you haven’t already decided on a home plan, we encourage you to utilize the log home and log cabin designs on our website as a good starting point. For over 300 floor plan ideas, visit our log home design center. A Timberhaven sales representative can help develop your log home or log cabin design or we invite you to our corporate headquarters in Pennsylvania to meet with one of our design professionals to help make your unique design a reality.
- Call your Timberhaven Log Home Representative to arrange a personalized home tour and begin planning your new home. Working together, you'll decide on how much home you can afford to build, financing considerations, contractors, package options and more. If you've selected a log home design, your representative can provide price estimates or submit a request for a free detailed estimate. At this point you may also consider attending one of our Planning and Construction Workshops.
- In the early stages of your planning, it's time to meet with a financial professional of your choice to formally qualify you for the purchase of your log home project.
- About a week after the initial consultation, you’ll meet again with your representative to review the detailed estimate, finalize any necessary plan modifications and submit a $3,000 plan deposit to start preliminary blueprints. Your deposit will “freeze” the price of package for a period of 6 months. Now you can submit a loan application to your financial institution.
- Finalize your changes and approve your preliminary plans. Submit either a $4,000 plan deposit or a 20% deposit to receive your detailed construction plans and Construction Manual in about 4 weeks.
- It's time to select a date for your log home package to be delivered. Please allow up to 8 weeks from the time your 20% deposit is received for delivery. The closing date of your financing needs to be scheduled at least 2 weeks prior to delivery or a minimum of 4-6 weeks if 20% deposit has not been submitted.
- Lastly, site preparation can be started while Timberhaven Log and Timber Homes cuts and prepares your new log home or log cabin package. Final payment is due upon delivery.